There are so many awesome father’s out there that I am sure today they will be honored and there are father’s who will be ignored, disrespected, dishonored and even hated.
But first I must comment on single women who say: “I am the mother and the father!” NO YOU ARE NOT, you are a mother taking on some of the roles that a father should be doing. Making these statements is one of the reasons men have trouble stepping into the role of a father.
In addition it is time you start teaching your sons how to not create single mothers by impregnating girls they have no intention of marrying. Abortion is not a form of birth control. Men, young and old, who want to plant their seed in multiple gardens should understand the consequences beyond the temporary pleasures. There is a long term price to pay for sexual indulgence.
Old folks used to say to the girls “Keep your skirt down.” And to the boys: Keep your pants up.”
A FEW OBSERVATIONS:
- BABY MAMA DRAMA IS REAL! If the woman a man is sleeping with is emotionally unstable before she is pregnant, expect drama afterward. If she does get pregnant you must remember: she is carrying your child, you must learn to deal with it (without going to jail).
- CHILD SUPPORT IS MORE THAN MONEY. Children need love and the caregiver needs encouragement. And this is where many father’s fail. All father’s are not daddy’s.
- MOTHER’S even the not so good ones, GET ACCOLADES on Mother’s day because she is there. A father can be married to the mother and not emotionally be there or the child.
- FATHER’S ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS. Girls SHOULD grow up wanting a man to treat her just like her DADDY treats her mother, with love and respect. Boys SHOULD want to be the same type of man his father is- a provider, a nurturer, a man who seeks after God’s heart, a man who makes the right decisions.
- FATHERS ARE NOT PERFECT neither are daddy’s. If you are a father and you are not being celebrated don’t get mad.
Unfortunately, many parents today (mother’s and father’s) do not know how to be a parent. The best teacher is God; therapist, psychologist, sociologist, friends and other opinions can create confusion where there was none. Scripture teaches parents how to be a parent. For example: “Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.”(Ephesians 6:4 NIV).
Before we take communion we are to examine ourselves, know what is in our soul that may not be right. Before we become intimate with someone we should use the same biblical principle. Society has rejected the idea of celibacy thus there are mothers raising children without fathers in the home.
1 CORINTHIANS 11:28 THE VOICE
Examine yourselves first. Then you can properly approach the table to eat the bread and drink from the cup;
Father’s Day reveals how out of order society had become. Far to often men are not head of the home. Father to often father’s are not a major influence in a child’s life. I pray that father’s throughout the world will take the time and examine themselves. Just like saying “I am a Christian” doesn’t make you a follower of Yeshua, making a baby does not make you a daddy.
We are parents every day with or without Hallmark and the federal government saying so. Like Mother’s Day I think this day is just a marketing event, use the day to evaluate your roll in your child(ren)’s life and then CARPE DIEM! -----Marsha L F Randolph
NETTIE-ISM reflects the opinions of Marsha L F Randolph and is the soul property of the author MARSHA L F RANDOLPH. All rights reserved- do not use without permission. Disagreeing with what is written is not offensive to the author a disagreeable comment will be deleted.