Tuesday, June 7, 2016

FRONT PORCH STORIES: THE BEGINNING


If you leave yourself open to the possibilities of life you will discover God’s plans are so much more pleasant than anything you could dream of.
I did not plan to make any of what I do today the basis of any blog post or book it just happened. I like my life and I enjoy sitting on my front porch and appreciating the sun and the sky and the earth. My front porch is where I talk to God and God talks to me. Whenever people would drop by to visit it just so happened that I was sitting in my antique rocking chair on my front porch.
Now it is true that people liked talking to me because I gave my opinion and made it very clear my opinion is not God’s opinion. Not everyone agrees with what I think, Sharon Sertim never agrees- Sister Sharon is what she prefers to be called, but the people who come by appreciate the fact that they can vent and I do not look down on them because they have a problem.
Every now and then my husband will sit on the front porch with me and together we bask in all that God has blessed us with. Generally speaking if he is home Chip, that’s my husband, hangs out in the back fooling with the animals or pulling weeds in the garden. Our marriage is good; we are comfortable with each other, we appreciate the other’s differences, I respect and honor my husband and he respects and loves me. Chip is a very smart man and when the two of us are on the front porch listening to someone the wisdom he shares is more powerful than anything you will hear on a Sunday morning.
If someone would have told me ten years ago that I would be doing what I do today I would have thought they did not know what they were talking about. Sure, I knew that I would write books and occasionally speak in front of a group but to sit on my front porch and just be able to share with others what the Lord has told me I never thought it would be this easy.
All I know is that I am open to the direction of the Holy Spirit and He directs my path daily. I made up my mind a long long time ago that I would be a God pleaser and not a man pleaser, and that includes my husband. God tells me to sit on my front porch and be still; the stories come.

“Be still, be calm, see, and understand I am the True God. I am honored among the nations. I am honored over all the earth.” Psalm 46:10 The Voice

If you leave yourself open to the possibilities of life you will discover God’s plans are so much more pleasant than anything you could dream of.

A FRONT PORCH STORY- according to the world of NETTIE. All rights reserved; do not use without the permission of Marsha L F Randolph