Friday, July 1, 2016

GET MOVING

No one can make you go for a walk yet a twenty minute walk everyday can help: strengthen your bones, uplift your spirits, help in lowering your blood pressure, lower your blood sugar, help prevent heart disease and assist with weight loss. As I said it can help it will not in and of itself cure you.

It is assumed that with age comes health issues, this is an incorrect assumption. Far to many people are dependent on pills to make them healthy. If you look at the commercials you see there are pills to help you go to the bathroom and pills to stop you from going to the bathroom. If you listen to the end of the commercial you will discover many pills that are advertised to help you can do more harm than good.

Prescriptions can subdue symptoms but they are not meant to cure. A healthy lifestyle which includes eating right and exercising do not have the same adverse side effects that most prescriptions have. THERE ARE TIMES WHEN THE BENEFITS OF A PRESCRIPTION OUTWEIGH THE ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS.

I argued with an individual, yes argued, one day because though clearly overweight he insisted that God would heal his body. He had shared with the group that he had diabetes but he felt it was not necessary to watch the amount of deserts he ate. I informed him that God had given him wisdom to know what to eat and not to eat and if he chose to eat what was not good for him he would suffer the consequences. I further informed him that God was under no obligation to heal him when he refused to do something as simple as eat healthy and exercise. This person strongly disagreed with me- though he prays for healing he still has diabetes.

“PEOPLE WHO DON’T FIND TIME TO EXERCISE,
SOONER OR LATER
WILL HAVE TO FIND TIME FOR ILLNESS” 
15th Earl of Derby

I first saw the above quote when I was reading some literature from THE AIM COMPANIES. It is what inspired me to begin some type of exercise. I am not an exercise fanatic but I try to do something daily. One of the little things I do is ride my manual stationary bike at least once a day, doing something is always better than nothing. What I discovered over a period of time was that I felt good after riding my bike. I also have a stepper (one of those things that you step up and down on) and an exercise ball.

Have you ever gone to the grocery store and saw someone walking into the store and then get into one of those riding carts? Yes there are some who need the cart but there are many who could walk. That trip to the grocery store may be the only exercise this person could have had that week.

I know a few women in their 90’s who do not use motorized wheel chairs a few have walkers. One of these ladies will walk around her house three or four times a day. Some of these women of wisdom have gardens in their yards, plants on their porch or in their homes that they take care of. These ladies do not take pills for high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes, they may take a tylenol or aspirin for pain but for the most part they are healthier than most 50 year olds I know.

It is important to include movement in your daily routine. I understand that most exercise experts recommend exercising 3 or 4 days a week I don’t, they are referring to high energy cardio-workouts. I say do something for at least 10 minutes a day everyday, I believe that the ten minutes will eventually expand to 20 minutes or more.

I lost weight doing simple exercise daily. I do not take any prescription drugs. I do take supplements from THE AIM COMPANIES: BARELY LIFE AND FRAME ESSENTIAL.

Exercising is not a bad thing if you do something you enjoy. Find some type of movement to do and do it everyday.
Remember the exercises that we use to do before aerobics, and zumba?

  • Calisthenics: Toe touches, push-ups and jumping jacks.
  • Go for a walk:  at the mall, in your house, in your yard, around your block, in the park.
  • Swim
  • Try basic stretches
  • Run, dance, play a sport.

Whatever you do have fun - you get started.

The words written are based on my personal knowledge. I am an Independent Distributor of THE AIM COMPANIES US products. I have completed The Aim Companies Living Well Program and am a recognized LIVING WELL COACH through THE AIM COMPANIES. Products mentioned can be purchased through Marsha L Randolph or directly from THE AIM COMPANIES.
For more information email: Marsha @ nowayztired@gmail.com 
PLEASE WRITE: AIM INFORMATION in the subject