Sunday, August 21, 2016

A MATTER OF FAITH: GOD WILL DETERMINE



2 Chronicles 7:13-15 NKJV
When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray  and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sins and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.


Lately there have been a lot of individuals quoting 2 Chronicles 7:14 - “If My people…heal their land.” The context in which these individuals share this particular Scripture is in relation to the transgressions of politicians and other people of influence such as Pastors, perhaps a few other Christians but never themselves. I believe this particular verse applies to all Believers.
I was thinking about this verse one day and realized the opposite is true: If God’s children do not humble themselves and do not turn from their ways no healing will take place.
Is my eternal life tied up in the lifestyle of a bunch of fake Christians? No, Jesus took care of that.
In verse 13 God said something very definite, He said “When I shut….” This tells me that things will happen and my protection is my attitude.
When Father God speaks of is “My people” it is one thing to say “I am a child of God” it is another thing for God to say “that is My child.”

Exodus 8:22 NKJV
“I will make a difference between My People and your people. Tomorrow this sign shall be.”

Again, people say: “Everybody talkin’ about heaven ain’t going there.” This is true. It is not me or any other person who determines who gets in it will be God- He knows His children.
Quite a few of my children’s friends call me “Ma” I know they are not my children even though I allow them to call me Ma. I know they are not mine by their behavior. The same is true for God’s children, there are two Scriptures that determine who you are.

John 8:31
“Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.””
John 13:35
“By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

It is amazing the number of Christians who have yet to read Scripture from Genesis to Revelation one time let alone “abide” (to constantly be aware of) in the word of God. The amount of unforgiveness within the body of Christ reveals how so many people do not have love for other believers- forget about not loving non-believers.  Therefore, when God speaks of distinguishing “My People,” in Exodus 8:22, the question is: are you recognized by God as His child?
It is when those who are recognized as children of God stop acting like they are part of this world that the nation will change. I believe God’s children are humbling themselves. I believe God’s children are repenting, changing their ways. I believe God hears our prayers. When the plagues come the Pharaohs in the pulpits and the rest of the world will see who God considers to be his children.

And that is the world according to NETTIE xxx Short Stories and essays and other ramblings by Marsha L F Randolph; All rights reserved do not use without the permission of the author Marsha L F Randolph