Sunday, August 28, 2016

A MATTER OF FAITH: THE UNIQUENESS OF YOU

Psalm 139:13-16
For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written. The days fashioned for me when as yet there were none of them.

Who respects individuality these days? Who can accept each persons unique physical appearance as well as personality?  Billions of dollars are spent each year promoting a “look;” the media denigrates traditional while promoting specific lifestyles.

Far to frequently we hear of a woman dying from medical procedures that were meant to improve a body section- bigger: hips, lips, chest; flatter stomachs. I personally think it is silly to hear about seventy year old men taking pills to increase their virility! Trying to be who other people say you should be can is a battle you will never win being yourself may cause you to loose friends but it will give you the peace that you are looking for.

Psalm 139, in its entirety, discusses the uniqueness of the individual as it pertains to how God sees His children. God knows what He created. Verses 13 through 16 of Psalm 139 discusses how He formed man from the inside out: “You covered me in my mother’s womb.”  (That includes your gender: before a person was born God knew who was going to be male and female; it is in your DNA.)

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
Psalm 22:9-10
But You are He who took Me out of the womb; You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
I was cast upon You from birth. From my mother’s womb You have been My God.

Job 7:17-18
What is man, that You should exalt him, that You should set Your heart on him,
That You should visit him every morning, and test him every moment.
Psalm 8:3-4
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him?
Galatians 1:15
But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 


God knew and knew how you were going to look and what type of personality you were going to have before you were born. You were not created to be sick or plagued with diseases; nor were you created to be any other gender than what your DNA states. If your hair is curly or straight, black, blond or red God is not surprised. Father God is not surprised that you want to stay home and care for your children- that is what he planned for women (be fruitful and multiply). God is not surprised when a man has a strong to ‘do’ something (He placed man in the garden to till it). People who make money from your wanting to change do not care what God planned before you were formed in your mother’s womb.

As you study the above Scriptures, and research more of your own found throughout the Bible, realize you don’t have to change. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, you are unique, marvelous are God’s creations.


And that is the world according to NETTIE xxx Short Stories and essays and other ramblings by Marsha L F Randolph; All rights reserved do not use without the permission of the author Marsha L F Randolph



ALL SCRIPTURES quoted are from the New King James Bible translation unless otherwise stated.