Monday, August 22, 2016

MY COUNTRY CITY PROJECT: CRAFT WITHDRAWALS


  1. I finished my last sewing project 
  2. I have lots of soap on the shelf. 
  3. I have to order more fragrance oil before I can make candles.
  4. My crochet project is on hold until I get more yarn.
  5. I am almost finished my latest wash cloth, I stopped knitting as fast to delay the inevitable.
  6. I even finished reading the book I needed to read for review.




What am I going to do?????

I don’t know any crafter who does not have multiple projects going on and even more planned for this very reason- craft withdrawals. A person can only do so much writing and knitting in a day and then she needs to do something noisy like sewing! Unfortunately, I have fabric but no real project in mind. I need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby.

Hobby Lobby is like a drug. The minute I get in the parking lot I get excited. Just entering the building and there is a peace that comes over me, I could just curl up and sleep in the fabric section. The Christian music infuses my soul and I am energized and I begin shopping, and shopping, and shopping and shopping, and shopping! Hobby Lobby overdose!

Because I have a history of not being disciplined in book stores I became a book reviewer; now I get my books for free. Because I lack discipline in Hobby Stores I have limited the number of times I can go and the amount of money I can spend. This means I have to know exactly what I need and why I need it. That is sooooooo hard!

Once upon a time I had two tubs filled with patterns most of them I had never used. I had stacks of fabric for garments that I never made. After a few years of shuffling these things from room to room, corner to corner I finally gave them away. Today I want to slap myself.

The best way to avoid craft
withdrawals is to have a lot of stuff in your to do pile.

And that is the world according to NETTIE xxx Short Stories and essays and other ramblings by Marsha L F Randolph; All rights reserved do not use without the permission of the author Marsha L F Randolph