Sunday, October 2, 2016

A MATTER OF FAITH: TAKING A PRAISE BREAK

Every now and then I have to stop and count my blessings. When you say that to some people remarks about health and being in their right mind are the first things that come to mind- it has become cliche’.  Yes, I am glad I can walk and talk and breath independent of any assistance but I am blessed even more than that.

I don’t take for granted the roof over my head, the food I put in my belly or even the fresh water I drink. I am so happy for hot water when I take a shower, or indoor plumbing when I flush the toilet; air conditioners are wonderful when it is hot outside and I thank God for heat when it is cold. I can choose what I want to eat and how I want it prepared, even when my cupboards are empty I can walk up the street and buy a burger for a dollar.  I have a choice as to what type of water I am going to drink: from my faucet, from the water hose or from the store.

I a member of the BEEN THERE DONE THAT club with the corresponding t-shirt, hat and bumper sticker! I know what it is like to overcome a bad relationship and grieve the loss of a loved one. I have screwed up my finances big time on more than one occasion. Even though I have been there I don’t dwell there.

Today I can praise God because my experiences allowed me to see how He carried me through it all.

2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Philippians 4:19
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Many people look back and use their past as an excuse to not move forward. I look back and realize I am an overcomer. When you realize that you have left the valley and am on a different road thank God for getting you through.
The journey may not have been easy but you made it; if you are still going through keep going. Of course I know that another obstacle may come my way so I will just thank God ahead of time because He has already given me the victory.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.

AMEN.