Wednesday, October 12, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: NIV FAITH & WORK BIBLE published by Zondervan



Are you looking for that perfect Christmas present? Getting ready to read your Bible in a year? Zondervan’s NIV FAITH & WORK BIBLE is one you might consider.

I have read the NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION of the Bible and use it from time to time in my studies, not everyone likes this particular translation. I have no problems with the translation itself.

The NIV FAITH & WORK BIBLE, like many of the newer Bibles released today, provide a particular perspective. It’s title implies that the reader will develop an understanding of how to incorporate his faith in what he does.
Of course there is the standard INTRODUCTION to each book of the Bible. What is unique is the 31 STORYLINES incorporated to help new readers see the relationship between the books of the Bible. There are sections entitled DOCTRINES which apparently presents application of what is read to a persons job/ work. And like most Bibles there are several maps at the end.

The hardcover version of the NIV FAITH & WORK BIBLE  is written in standard print and is easy on the eyes. The cross references found in the center column are also easy to read.

I cannot not recommend you read this book because after all, it is a Bible, I am just not certain I would actually purchase one.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”