Sunday, October 2, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: NKJV WORD STUDY BIBLE


Thomas Nelson has a variety of New King James versions of the Bible available and so it is important for the individual to know exactly what he, or she, is getting particularly when it comes to study Bibles. The NKJV WORD STUDY BIBLE  focuses on significant words found in Scripture and presents the definitions of various words which will help the reader put things in context. - Note the words are underlined.
The NKJV WORD STUDY BIBLE is not a topical Bible thus if you are looking for specific themes such as ‘hardness of heart’ which is what I am studying right now. By utilizing the underlined words found in the book to study the reader will be able to put in context such words as: footstool, memorial, shake, Sadducee and read; this is the essence of a word study Bible. This Bible boast “1,700 Key Words that unlock the meaning of the Bible.”
The NKJV WORD STUDY BIBLE has a brief overview before each book and a list of “Watch Words.” There is not a commentary found as is in many study Bibles but there is a readable Concordance. There are various Word indexes. The font size is good; some Bibles I have difficulty reading even with my Bible this one I do not.
This is a good Bible to purchase particularly if you are doing a word study.

I WILL BE GIVING AWAY THIS BIBLE.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”