Friday, October 21, 2016

LIVING BETTER: WHAT ABOUT pH



*Note I am not a medical professional. The following is my opinion and not meant to be treated as advice. Please do your own research and consult your physician.

I took Anatomy and Physiology twice when I was in school to be a Licensed Practical Nurse and then when I attended college to become a Registered Nurse; I got an A both times. The knowledge I obtained qualified me to care for individuals with all types of diseases but I did not apply that same information to my own health. I left the health care profession entirely in 2007 the knowledge I obtained remains with me.
 As I and many people I know get older and I see so many of my friends and family taking prescriptions I made the conscious decision not to follow suit.  I was introduced to the AIM COMPANIES years before I started using the products. My aversion to pill taking led me to be a customer and then an Independent Distributor, my need to know as much about the product as possible facilitated my taking the necessary classes and becoming a Living Well Coach with the company. I would rather exercise and eat right than take pills that could destroy my body or worst kill me (as the commercials mention rather quickly).

The question was: Why? Why does Barley Life and Frame Essential work? Why do people tell me to drink more water and less soda? The products offered via the AIM COMPANIES has worked for me very well however they are costly. I believe they are supplements that are meant to supplement your diet until you are eating the right things. In researching the why I discovered the importance of pH.

The pH scale measures the acidity and alkalinity of a substance, even gardeners are aware of the pH of soil and plants.  The pH of various systems in the body influences how it functions. Though most people are aware of the pH of blood which is slightly alkaline not all organs have the same pH, for example gastric juice in the stomach is very acidic.

What we eat plays an important role in regulating the body’s pH. By being aware of how things we eat and drink influence the levels and what can happen if we are to acidic or to alkaline is important, particularly since it is literally a matter of life and death.

Some of the problems of having a body that is too alkaline include:  low potassium, low calcium, arthritis, allergies, and hypo-thyroid. Some of the problems associated with an acidic body includes: a dry cough, diabetic coma, irregular heart beat, muscular weakness, nausea, being tired but unable to rest, experiencing anxiety, and  frequent sighing.

Whether you are awake or asleep your body is constantly trying to maintain homeostasis- a balance. It will rob from one system to provide for the other causing problems in the system it took from. For example: if there is a calcium deficiency the body will take from the bone which will lead to such problems as arthritis.  Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul!

The table below reveals pH levels of various fluids we are familiar with. The next table shares a list of some alkaline and acidic foods.  Now I understand why people say chemotherapy can kill you!


One of the things I learned is that people can over compensate for a deficiency creating the opposite problem. For example: people can drink to much alkaline water (I didn’t know there was such a product.)



   14
ALKALINE 


SODIUM HYDROXIDE
12.5



BLEACH
11.6



AMMONIA




















8


FRUIT

8


VEGETABLES

7.34-7.45

BLOOD


7
 NEUTRAL

DISTILLED WATER



SWEAT




URINE


5.5

LARGE BOWEL


3-4


MEAT

3-4


DAIRY

3-4


COFFEE

3-4


SUGAR

2.5-3



SODA
1-3

STOMACH FLUID


0.5-2



CHEMOTHERAPY
1
ACID


BATTERY ACID
      




FOODS
ALKALINE
ACIDIC FOODS

Animal Protein
Beef
Chicken, Duck, Turkey, Eggs
Lamb
Pork,
Venison
Rabbit
Clams, Eel, Lobster, Mussels, Oyster, Shrimp, Scallops
Carp, Haddock, Halibut, Salmon, Tuna
Vegetables
Asparagus
Beets (tops & roots)
Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
Cabbage
Carrots
Cauliflower
Celery
Chlorella (algae)
Collard greens
Cucumber
Daikon
Dandelion root
Dulse
Eggplant
Fermented vegetables
Garlic
Kale
Lettuce (dark)
Lentils
Mushrooms
Mustard greens
Nori
Onions
Parsnips
Peas
Peppers
Potatoes
Pumpkin
Rutabaga
Sea vegetables
Spinach
Spirulina (algae)
Sprouts (all types)
Squash
Watercress
Wild greens

Vegetables
Black beans
Chick peas
Corn
Kidney beans
Lima beans
Pinto beans
Red beans
Soybeans
White beans

Beverages
Dry red wine
Fresh fruit juice -(unsweetened)
Mineral water -(non-carbonated)
Quality water
Unsweetened almond milk
Vegetable juices

Beverages
Alcohol
Coffee, Tea (black)
Soft drinks
Soy milk
Dairy
Fresh goat milk
Soft goat cheese


Dairy products
Processed cheese –cow, sheep
Milk
Ice cream

Fats & Oils
Flax seed oil
Extra virgin olive oil
Sesame oil
Sunflower oil
Hemp seed oil

Fats & Oils
Avocado, Canola, Corn, Grape Seed, Safflower oil
Lard
Fruits
Apples
Apricots
Avocado
Banana
Blackberries
Blueberries
Cantaloupe
Cherries
Currants
Dates
Grapes
Grapefruits
Honeydew
Lemon
Lime
Nectarine
Oranges
Papayas
Peaches
Pears
Pineapples
Raisins
Raspberry
Rhubarb
Strawberries
Tangerine
Tomatoes
Watermelon

Fruits
Dried fruit
Fruit juice (sweetened)
Grains
Light & dark flax
seed
Hemp seeds
Millet
Quinoa
Wild rice
Whole oats

Grains
Amaranth
Buckwheat
Flour
Kamut
Oats (rolled)
Pasta
Rice (white, brown, basmati)
Rye
Spelt
Wheat
White bread


Grasses & Sprouts
All sprouts
Alfalfa grass
Wheat grass


Nuts & Seeds
Almonds
Brazil nuts
Coconut
Flax seeds
Hazelnuts
Pumpkin seeds
Sesame seeds
Sunflower seeds

Nuts
Cashews
Peanuts
Peanut butter
Pecans
Pistachios
Other
Apple cider vinegar
Bee pollen
Dairy-free probiotic
cultures
Organic yogurt
Soy lecithin granules

Teas
Chamomile tea
Dandelion tea
Green tea
Herbal teas

Spices & Seasonings
All herbs
Chili peppers
Cinnamon
Curry
Ginger
Mustard
Miso
Salt (sea, Celtic)
Sweeteners
Molasses, raw
Honey, unpasteurized
Others
Brewers yeast
Distilled vinegar
Olives
Pickles
Tofu


Sweets & Sweeteners
Candy
Honey (commercial)
Maple syrup
Sugar
Artificial sweeteners


Drugs & Chemicals
 See chemotherapy in pH Chart

The words written are based on my personal experience and knowledge and are not presented as advice; I am not a medical professional. The reader is encouraged to do his or her own research.

Marsha L F Randolph is an Independent Distributor of THE AIM COMPANIES US products and is a recognized LIVING WELL COACH through THE AIM COMPANIES.
For more information email: Marsha@mycountrycityproject@gmail.com
Check out Nettie’s YouTube Channel MY COUNTRY CITY PROJECT
SUBSCRIBE and keep current on new post.