Monday, November 14, 2016

MCCP: SOAP

I was in the grocery store a few days ago and I saw homemade soap for sale. This particular soap I had seen in another store that specialized in healthy products and then it was no longer available. One of the reasons I started making my own stuff was because of the lack of availability of products I like being changed or taken off the market. The soap was cheaper than the soap I sold and it was actually ‘prettier.’

Why would people purchase my soap instead?

1) Ingredients - My soaps are either unscented or made with essential oils. The soaps on the grocery store shelf were made with Fragrance oil.
I use natural colorants. Though none of the soaps I offer for sale have any type of color added the soaps sold at the store use man-made products to color the soap.

2) Size- my soaps are bigger.

3) Availability- I do not mass produce soap thus my clients are able to request soaps with such scents as lavender or vanilla and I can accommodate them. You cannot beat going to the store and just grabbing a bar of soap.

My conclusion- People should purchase my soap if they want a product that is made with products as close to nature as possible.

Country In The City Soaps: Country Comfort, Farm Fresh, Grandma’s Oatmeal Recipe, Sunday Morning, Country Cafe’ and of course Nettie’s Basic Bar are made with standard ingredients. Olive Oil, coconut oil, shea butter and Castor oil. They are blended with distilled water, coconut milk or goat milk (for more information email: mycountrycityproject@gmail.com)

FARM FRESH SOAP still in the mold
made with GOAT MILK!