Sunday, January 15, 2017

A MATTER OF FAITH: FOLLOW YOUR DREAM


Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4

Not everyone is going to see what you see. I bet everyone that was around Noah thought he was crazy; no one else tried to build an ark. I remember when Charles Payne, a FOX Business News commentator, told the story of asking his mother for a briefcase for Christmas; this was an unusual request for an eight year old black male growing up in the projects.  No one saw what Noah saw or what Charles Payne saw because they did not fully see the entire picture but Noah survived and Charles is rich.

For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.  Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.  Habakkuk 2:3-4

I have learned that not everyone likes the things that I like. That is OK because I don’t like the things they like. For example: People who talk about the two hours of exercise they did or the five miles they ran in a day compared to the ten minutes on the stationary bicycle I did in a single day do not make me jealous- I am happy for them and glad that I did something. My friends who exercise for hours or run for hours are passionate about what they do just as I get excited when I write one thousand words.

God gave me a strong desire to write and a need to create which gave me something to write about. Not everyone understands writing books that less than one thousand people read or posting blogs that don’t go viral. People cannot fully comprehend why I have notepads and notebooks as well as a lap top filled with words that no one has read but me. Everything I do is converted to words because God told me to write it.

I have a neighbor who loves to cook for other people. When I first met him he had back yard barbecues often and sold pizzas on his job. He got together with a bunch a friends to start a catering business -it failed. This gentleman did not stop cooking, a year later he started a catering business in which he could do what he wanted and he found a friend who was willing to work with him; his business is good. Though he has a full time job in addition to the catering business he is following his dream

What is your dream? Far to many people put the breaks on their dream before it even begins because friends and family discourage them. Family can be the worst when you need support, they are very good at reminding you of all of your failures. Friends may have conditional support but if they are not following their dreams they may be waiting for you to fail so they can say: I knew it.
Someone told me once: “Why are you planting tomatoes? Every time you try to grow something it fails.” The words were discouraging but I responded by saying: “Yep! And I may fail this time but I am going to try. And if I fail I will have learned something.” I love my tomatoes, they are so yummy!

On my office wall is a quote from the book “The Greatest Salesman” by Og Mandino it reads: FAILURE WILL NEVER OVERTAKE ME IF MY DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED IS STRONG ENOUGH.”

God gives us dreams often we don’t fully appreciate or understand the dream until later. Noah was told to build an ark it took a very long time but he did it, then he was told to put animals in the ark, next he and his family got in the ark; finally the ark was sealed the rain came and those who were outside of the ark died. Charles Payne did not know what the future held for him but he had a desire to get a briefcase, learn about money, create his own company and now he is on national television sharing what he knows with the world. My neighbor’s story is just beginning. My story started a while ago but it is not finished yet with every step I see a little more I understand a little more.  The vision, the dream, may not be fully understood at first but as time goes on it will begin to make sense.

Follow your dream. Xxx Marsha L F Randolph
A MATTER OF FAITH reflects the opinions and property of the author MARSHA L F RANDOLPH. All rights reserved- do not use without permission. All Scriptures quoted are from the New King James Version of the Bible unless otherwise stated. Don’t miss weekly faith based post FOLLOW THIS BLOG and receive notifications when a new article is posted.
Please check out and subscribe to my YouTube Channel MY COUNTRY CITY PROJECT at NETTIE FR