Sunday, March 5, 2017

A MATTER OF FAITH: ANATOMY OF A PRAYER REQUEST PT. 2

It is important that a person have a solid foundation of faith. This only comes through personal Bible study. Once upon a time we could trust our church leaders to teach us the word of God unfiltered but today Political Correctness and corporate needs (mega churches have a capitalist corporation mindset) has become a stumbling block to faith in our Lord and Saviour.

My ebook BEFORE YOU PRAY FOR ME presents the foundations of faith to help you reinforce what you know or establish what you do not know.

As I mentioned in the PART 1 of this post I created a prayer table with six prayer request listed, one has been answered and two are actually not even listed within the table.

Jesus said we are to ask what we want and we would have it (Matthew 7:7-8).  David revealed in a Psalm: Father God gives us desires as long as we delight in Him (Psalm 37:4). But James cautioned us to make sure we asked with the right intent (James 4:3).

Jesus also instructed us to believe that we had received what we asked for (Mark 11:24). However it is important to know that words have significance in heaven. (Psalm 5:8-9, Proverbs 18:21)Thus, what you are listening to and who you are listening to can influence what you believe which will influence the answer to your prayer (Romans 3:3-4)

As I stated in last weeks post: “It is not Father God who did not answer your prayer it is you who rejected His answer.”

What I am presenting to you are 7 Concepts Of Prayer, using a personal experience to illustrate these ideas. The concepts are:

  1. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT
  2. KNOW WHY YOU WANT IT
  3. ASK
  4. BELIEVE
  5. RECEIVE
  6. DON’T DOUBT
  7. UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS.


On my previous post I discussed the first 3 ideas and touched on believe. Believing and receiving go hand in hand thus it is important that you know what it is you actually believe.

As my sewing skills improved I determined that a serger sewing machine would be beneficial. My research consisted of listening to and reading the reviews about various sergers, pricing them and watching tutorials on how the machine worked. Why is this important?

My relationship with the sewing machine began before I became personally involved with it. I got to know about sewing, then I discovered various stitches as well as what my standard sewing machine could and could not do. I appreciated the idea of finishing off my sewing project with a professional looking finish and keep edges of fabric from unraveling without the use of binding. The more information I received the more I wanted to have a serger.

A relationship with God the Father involves this same principle. The more you seek Him the more He will reveal Himself to you.

JAMES 4:8 THE VOICE
Come close to the one true God, and He will draw close to you. Wash your hands; you have dirtied them in sin. Cleanse your heart, because your mind is split down the middle, your love for God on one side and selfish pursuits on the other.
PSALM 73:28 THE VOICE
But the closer I am to You, my God, the better because life with You is good.  O Lord, the Eternal, You keep me safe—I will tell everyone what You have done.
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Diligence is important when seeking an answer to a prayer.  I researched and found a machine that I could afford- cash not credit- and one that had positive reviews. I posted a note on the bulletin board in my office that said: Brother 1034D $229. And I continued working on my sewing projects.

Regardless of what it is that you are praying for life goes on and you must continue to live it.

I chose not to hem skirts that I had made but instead made the conscious decision to wait for the serger I had not yet ordered it because I did not have the funds.

HEBREWS 11:1 THE EXPANDED
Faith means ·being sure [the assurance; or the tangible reality; or the sure foundation] of the things we hope for and ·knowing that something is real even if we do not see it [the conviction/assurance/evidence about things not seen].

Receiving comes after believing. I believed I had it but doubt began creeping in. Instead of giving up I prayed, reminding Father God of my desire and His promise. The next day I got the money.

MARK 11:23
For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

When the money arrived a new dilemma came to mind- there are other things that I could use the money for. I could buy the Expanded Bible and still pay a bill, again I prayed. As I talked to Father God about my concerns I realized that it was what I had prayed for; God knew I had bills.

MARK 11:23-24
For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
I was on the verge of doubting that Father God had provided a way for me to get my sewing machine but I remembered his promises and so I ordered the machine for $188! Forty-one dollars cheaper than what I had anticipated paying for; and cheaper than Walmart. My only compromise was the delivery date: I could have paid more and had the machine on Friday (the day after my birthday) but I can wait.

Some prayer answers do not manifest right away, that does not mean God said no it just means it is on the way. As I write this my sewing machine is on the way- but I already have it.

The process for receiving my Brother 1034D serger is as follows:

  1. Wednesday, February 22, I placed an order from jet.com website, the payment was removed     from my account- debt paid.
  2.  Friday 2/24 the package is at Federal Express in AUSTELL, GA
  3. Saturday in transport from Austella, GA to Belle Isle FL
  4. Sunday in Belle Isle FL briefly and then in transit from Belle Isle FL to Orlando Fl
  5. Monday the package arrived in Orlando and sent to FedEx location in Maimi FL
  6. Tuesday 5:55 AM arrived at facility in Miami for delivery
  7.  Tuesday 7:13 AM on truck for delivery                                                                                          - Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:46:36 PM STILL NOT HERE

   The Federal Express Center is a 5 minute drive from my house. I am anxiously awaiting my Brother 1034D Serger- I know it is coming but it is not here.

Consider this:

  • I could have gone to the store and purchased this same machine for $229 or more and received it the same day. 
  • I could have ordered from another on-line place and paid extra to have it delivered sooner.
  • I could have ordered and picked it up sooner at a designated sight. 
  • I chose to wait. 


One of the hardest things it for us to do is know that we have answer to our prayers according to His promises which are for His purpose.
EPHESIANS 1:11-12
In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
JAMES 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

I was able to wait because after years of trying to do things my way I have learned that my way leads to problems. I have, over the years, developed an appreciation for the final concept to answered prayers which is to: UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS.

My Brother 1034D
I went into detail regarding the transportation of my package because there was indeed a process. Often we take matters in our own hands once we pray. We use a credit card instead of waiting for God to give show us how we can pay by cash. We have surgery instead of exercising to lose wait. We read horoscopes instead of praying and letting the Holy Spirit guide us. It cost to do things your way.

Tuesday February 28,, 2017 at 4:02 pm the FedEx truck pulled up in front of my home with a big purple box! Inside was my Brother 1034D that I paid not $229 or even $190 but $188 dollars for! My total cost came to $199.93. Had would have paid about $245 with taxes and over $250 to have it delivered fast.

Yes, God answers prayers! You just need to be there to receive it from Him.  xxx written by Marsha L F Randolph

A MATTER OF FAITH reflects the opinions and property of the author MARSHA L F RANDOLPH. All rights reserved- do not use without permission. All Scriptures quoted are from the New King James Version of the Bible unless otherwise stated. Don’t miss weekly faith based post FOLLOW THIS BLOG and receive notifications when a new article is posted.
Please check out and subscribe to my YouTube Channel MY COUNTRY CITY PROJECT at NETTIE FR