PSALM 139 THE EXPANDED BIBLE
1) Lord, you have ·examined [investigated; searched] me and know all about me.The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.
2) You know when I sit down and when I ·get up [rise]. You ·know [understand] my thoughts ·before I think them [L- from afar].
3) You ·know [L- measure] ·where I go [L- my path] and ·where I lie down [L- my lying down]. You ·know [are familiar with] ·everything I do [L- all my path].
4) Lord, even ·before I say a word [L- when no word is on my tongue], you already know ·it [L- all of it].
5) You ·are all around me [L- hem me in]—in front and in back— and have put your hand on me.
6) Your knowledge is ·amazing [wonderful; or overwhelming] to me; it is ·more than I can understand [too high/unattainable. I am not able to grasp it; Rom. 11:33].
7) Where can I go to get away from your Spirit? Where can I ·run [flee] from you?
8) If I ·go [climb] up to the heavens, you are there. If I ·lie down [spread out; make my bed] in ·the grave [L- Sheol; C- the grave or the underworld], you are there.
9) If I rise with the ·sun in the east [L- wings of the dawn] and settle in the ·west beyond [L- back of] the sea,
10) even there ·you [L- your hand] would guide me. With your right hand you would ·hold [grab; seize] me.
11) I could say, “The darkness will ·hide [cover] me. Let the light around me turn into night.”
12) But even the darkness is not dark to you. The night ·is as light as [shines like] the day; darkness and light are the same to you.
13) You ·made [created] my ·whole being [inward parts]; you ·formed [knitted] me in my mother’s ·body [belly; womb].
14) I ·praise [thank] you because you made me in an ·amazing [awesome] and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well.
15) ·You saw my bones being formed [L My bones were not hidden from you]- as I ·took shape [was made] in ·my mother’s body [L- secret]. When I was ·put together [L- woven] ·there [L- in the depths of the earth],
16)·you [L- your eyes] saw my ·body as it was formed [L- embyro]. All the days ·planned [L- formed] for me were written in your book ·before I was one day old [not one of them existed].
17) God, your thoughts are precious to me. ·They are so many [L- How vast are their sum; Job 42:3]!
18) If I could count them, they would be more than all the grains of sand. When I ·wake up [or come to the end], I am still with you.
19) God, I wish you would kill the wicked! Get away from me, you ·murderers [L- people of blood]!
20) They ·say evil things about [make evil plans against] you. Your enemies ·use your name thoughtlessly [L- lift in vain; Ex. 20:7].
21) Lord, ·I hate [L- Do I not hate…?] those who hate you; ·I hate [L- Do I not abhor…?] those who rise up against you.
22) I ·feel only hate for them [L- hate them with a perfect/complete hatred]; they are my enemies.
23) God, ·examine [investigate; search; v. 1] me and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24) See if there is any ·bad thing [hurtful way] in me. Lead me on the ·road to everlasting life [L- everlasting/or ancient way].
True love is never about receiving it is about giving. There was evil all around him, David wanted God to do something about that but in the end David said: “Search me, O God, and know my heart;” (vs. 23 NKJV). The more David discovered how much God loves him despite his faults the more David loved God.
God is eternal, He will always be with you. People will come into your life and go either by death or because they have moved on. You will come and go into other people’s lives, and yes some day you too will transition into eternity. God’s love is eternal, it is true love- Jesus is the manifest presence of God's love. xxx written by Marsha L F Randolph
JOHN 3:17 NKJV
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
A MATTER OF FAITH reflects the opinions and property of the author MARSHA L F RANDOLPH. All rights reserved- do not use without permission. All Scriptures quoted are from the New King James Version of the Bible unless otherwise stated. Don’t miss weekly faith based post FOLLOW THIS BLOG and receive notifications when a new article is posted.
Please check out and subscribe to my YouTube Channel MY COUNTRY CITY PROJECT at NETTIE FR