Monday, May 8, 2017

MY COUNTRY CITY PROJECT: I HAVE A QUILT-A-PHOBIA!

MY SINGER 301A
The squares in the pillow should
have been part of a quilt! 
I have quilt-a-phobia! That has to be the problem because there is no other excuse why I have not made a quilt. I have 3 sewing machines and a serger, lot’s of thread, plenty of machine needles; I even purchased fabric to make a quilt with.
Did I mention I bought rotary scissors and a cutting board? What is wrong with me?????? 
Since my 2016 declaration: I would make a quilt by the end of the year, I have made 4 skirts, 1 blouse, 5 pillows of various sizes, a place-mat and a change purse. Yes, I have had time to make soap, crochet, knit and garden but I have yet to start on the quilt!

I have seen the work of other, more advanced quilters, and it is intimidating. My problem is definitely F.E.A.R: False Evidence Appearing Real.  Silly right!!! Of all the things I have accomplished in my life I have developed an “I can’t” attitude in regards to making a quilt.

I decided to get over my quit-a-phobia one step at a time. I will be using my Singer 301A to make quilts so I lifted out of its’ hole in the sewing machine table and it is now positioned to go. Step 2 was to wash my fabric, which I did, however I decided some of the fabric I was going to use is not what I want thus I will be purchasing more fabric as well as quilting thread. After gathering the fabric my next step will be to cut out my squares. Then I will just start sewing- one square at a time.

Learning new things is a process, don’t expect to be a Jedi just because you have a light-saber. After 30 years of sewing I am still learning. My goal is to take my time and enjoy the journey. ---written by Marsha L F Randolph


NETTIEOLOGY A compilation of ideas, opinions, beliefs and activities of Nettie a pseudo-fictional character created by Marsha L F Randolph. The author, Marsha L F Randolph maintains all rights associated with copyright laws; do not use post / articles without the permission of the author Marsha L F Randolph. All quotes should cite Marsha L F Randolph as the author.
Check out Nettie’s YouTube Channel NETTIE F R MY COUNTRY CITY PROJECT 
Keep current on new post - SUBSCRIBE NOW