Saturday, June 17, 2017

BACK2BASICS: HURRICANE SEASON AGAIN!

It is hurricane season again and I am restocking. Every year I learn from the previous year and though we did not have a major hurricane event last year I did learn something: If you do not store the plastic water containers properly algae will form. I have been examining different types of water jugs. In addition I have more container plants than I did last year and they need an emergency repositioning plan.

What am I going to do with my plants? In a hurricane force wind the containers become dangerous projectiles so they must be moved. Because of the potential danger containers filled with dirt possess I need to figure out something. One shutters are on the house there is not enough light for an extended indoor stay.  AND THEN the plants will still need to be watered!

The good news is no one is on medication and we do not have pets or small children. Therefore, my emergency plans do not include making sure I have enough pampers, formula, or prescription drugs.

My prayer is we will be blessed with a peaceful year. However, emergency preparedness is about planning for the unexpected crisis. Today we are in a world of unexpected crisis not only as it relates to weather but Radical Islamic Terrorist who are attacking innocent people, workplace violence and gang related terrorism. While I pray for peace I must be ready for problems.

The idea of prepping is foreign to so many people and if you do not live in a hurricane zone you are not getting ready. I would suggest you download a hurricane preparedness check list and get ready for storm-like problems.

In the end my plants will have to come inside, either in the house in my office and exercise area, or in the garage. Once the storm blows over it is right back outside for all of them! If they are in the house for 2 or 3 days I may not water them. Hurricane season 2017 I will be ready as I can be.

We all need to add to our list: self protection. -written by Marsha L F Randolph

NETTIEOLOGY A compilation of ideas, opinions, beliefs and activities of Nettie a pseudo-fictional character created by Marsha L F Randolph. The author, Marsha L F Randolph maintains all rights associated with copyright laws; do not use post / articles without the permission of the author Marsha L F Randolph. All quotes should cite Marsha L F Randolph as the author.
Check out Nettie’s YouTube Channel NETTIE F R MY COUNTRY CITY PROJECT 
Keep current on new post - SUBSCRIBE NOW