Sunday, July 9, 2017

A MATTER OF FAITH: PERSONAL BIBLE STUDY

PHILIPPIANS 2:12-13 The Expanded Bible
12) My ·dear friends [beloved], you have always obeyed God when I was with you. It is even more important that you obey now while I am away from you. ·Keep on working to complete [Continue working out] your salvation with ·fear [awe; reverence] and trembling, 13) because God is working in you ·to help you want to do and be able to do [L -both to will/desire and to work] what pleases him.

When I teach it is not with the goal of telling a person what to believe. Though I am very opinionated, my goal is to share scripture and speak or write words that will help develop personal thought.

My primary Bible is the New King James version however King James Bible is usually close at hand. Bibles such as the Expanded, the Voice and the NIV are used as references in the order I just listed them. Notice the noun “I” this is important. What you and other people do may be different.

You are responsible for what you do or do not know. I cannot get you into heaven or keep you out of hell, both are very real places. The Apostles instructs us all to “work out our own salvation.

What is salvation? It is a word that was translated from the Greek word soteria (Strong’s #4991). Soteria is a multifaceted word, which encompasses more than just getting “saved”. Salvation includes health, prosperity, peace joy and other blessings from God the Father. The Apostle Paul encourages believers to keep working, even though he is not with them.

2 TIMOTHY 2:15 King James Version
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 

Notice I am using the King James Version of the Bible because the New King James Version changes the term “study” to ‘Be diligent.’ This is a personal preference; the essence of the Scripture is we have to make an effort to know God’s word.

Recently I came across a series that explains various Bible translations. It is a 5 part series, each part is at least one hour long but it is worth watching.  Because of that I am including part one of the YouTube video in this post.
- - - Marsha L F Randolph



A MATTER OF FAITH reflects the opinions and property of the author MARSHA L F RANDOLPH. All rights reserved- do not use without permission. All Scriptures quoted are from the New King James Version of the Bible unless otherwise stated. Don’t miss weekly faith based post FOLLOW THIS BLOG and receive notifications when a new article is posted.
Please check out and subscribe to my YouTube Channel MY COUNTRY CITY PROJECT at NETTIE FR